The following general rules apply to both Cressacres and Croxley Hall Syndicates. Please see variations in the rules for individual lakes below.
- All members must own a current E.A. rod license to fish at Croxley Hall Fisheries. Carp Syndicate Memberships/fees are not transferable or refundable in any circumstances.
Membership of Cressacres Carp Syndicate entitles the member to fish Cressacres Lake, Broadacres Lake, Longwater Lake, and Kingfisher Pool only.
Membership of Croxley Hall Carp Syndicate entitles the member to fish Croxley Hall lake only.
Full membership entitles the member to fish all five lakes.
- All members are required to sign in using the electronic touch screen situated on the righthand side in the main lodge before fishing and to sign out and record their catches accurately using the touch screen before they leave the fishery. Member’s visits will be recorded on the www.croxleyhallfisheries.co.uk website in the “member’s area” It is not accessible by the general public.
- All fish caught must be returned to the same lake alive. Members must take every precaution to ensure that fish are handled correctly and for the minimum amount of time whilst out of the water (particularly in warm weather). Under no circumstances should any fish caught be left unattended either in a landing net or on an unhooking mat.
- Members must fish from designated swims only.
- Members must use two rods only, from 1st November a third rod may be used on Croxley Lake and Cressacres Lake until 15th March
(Broadacres three rods all season)
- No fishing tackle or equipment of any kind shall be left unattended in a swim for more than 3 hours in any 24-hour period. No baited rods are to be left unattended - either in or out of the water at any time. Under normal circumstances, rods will be considered unattended if any angler is further away than the next adjoining swim.
- All unhooking mats, weigh slings, landing nets, and other fish handling tackle is provided by Croxley Hall Fisheries for syndicate members and their guests to use. Under no circumstances should anglers bring their own equivalent tackle on to the fishery. Broken tackle belonging to the fishery must be reported immediately. Tackle should be returned clean and dry where possible, please note Broadacres Lake has separate (Sonic) unhooking mats, weigh slings and landing nets located in the same shed.
- No lead core, braided mainline, or leaders are to be used under any circumstances except for markers and/or spod rods. RIGS WILL BE CHECKED.
- Toilets are available for all members to use, they are situated by the main lodge. Please ensure you leave them in a clean condition for other users. There are two car parks at the fishery, which can be used by all vehicles except very large commercial vehicles. If in doubt, please ask. Do not park near the tall conifer trees during windy conditions, use the overflow car park instead.
- Guest tickets are available but limited (excluding Broadacres) to eight 24 hour sessions per season. Only one fishing guest per member is allowed on the lake at any one time they must be booked on the website before fishing at a cost of 35 pounds for 24 hours or 60 pounds for 48 hours. Due to the two angler rule on Kingfisher we cannot guarantee swim availability for a guest booking, In this instance, the guest booking can be transferred to another lake under the Cressacres membership. All guests must be signed in and out and fish adjacent swims and be both accompanied on and off the premises. In the occasional event of a non-fishing guest visit, it is imperative that they are also escorted on and off the premises. Non-fishing guests cannot stay overnight. All members are responsible for their guests and must ensure they comply with the fishery rules.
- No drugs, other than prescription medicine are allowed or may be used on the premises. Alcohol may be consumed in moderation, however, if any member is found to be intoxicated whereby they are considered to be a danger near water or they are unable to deal with fish effectively they will be banned from the fishery.
- Persons fishing at Croxley Hall Fisheries do so at their own risk. Croxley Hall Fisheries or its employees cannot be held responsible for any accident and/or injury to anglers or their possessions, however, caused, whilst on the premises. It is the angler's responsibility to ensure they are protected and are aware of the dangers of fishing before entering Croxley Hall Fisheries.
- Croxley Hall Fisheries operates a “no publicity” policy however members may apply to publicise their captures and if successful they will be identified only by “Colne Valley Syndicate” Members are encouraged to upload photos/text to the Croxley Hall Fisheries website.
- All members are asked to arrive no later than 10 pm and not before 4 am. Visits in between these times are not allowed.
- The use of all nuts as bait or loose feed is strictly forbidden.
- No bent hook rigs of any kind are to be used. All rigs must be of a fish safe design.
- The use of Waders, Fish Finders, Bait-Boats, Rubber Dinghy, Hard Bottom Boats, Li Lo's, and drones are strictly forbidden.
- When fishing for Pike, semi barbed trebles only to be used. No live baiting allowed under any circumstances.
- Dogs are not allowed in the fishery. All litter, line, and cigarette butts must be removed from the fishery. Anglers fishing a swim that has litter strewn around will be deemed responsible for the litter and will be asked to leave the venue.
- The management of Croxley Hall Fisheries reserves the right not to renew any Croxley Hall/Cressacres Carp Syndicate membership without affording a reason. The above rules apply to all Croxley Hall/Cressacres Carp Syndicate Members and Guests.
- No members or guests are permitted to walk around the stock ponds or fish farm area without prior permission.
- When fishing for carp or pike a minimum line diameter of 0.37mm must be used at all times.
- No open fires or fire pits are allowed under any circumstances, members may currently use barbecues of a safe design but must not burn the grass.
PLEASE REMEMBER - BREAK THE RULES - LEAVE THE SYNDICATE